beluga

beluga

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

It's almost the middle of July already!

 It's still hot but not over 100 anymore, for that we're thankful.    We've added a little more tacky silver insulation to Beluga's exposed glass and it has helped keep us comfortable.   The piece we had was a little too short so Dave cut it and taped the two pieces together.


think the airstream's sewer hose is long enough?

The sun was so intense that the tape melted and the pieces came apart.   He tried to staple them then, without success.     Jesse provided the perfect fix....heat resistent duct tape.   

We've been doing a little gentle exploring of the area and spending time with Jesse and Erin.    One day we followed the beautiful Spokane River to the Long Lake Dam in Tum Tum (giggle).   The drive was beautiful and we were able to get out and walk around in a few spots without our shoes melting into the blacktop.






 

these two were overhead waiting for lunch to swim by

We've enjoyed several dinners at some of Spokane's great restaurants.   On the way to Cochinito for some knock out tacos we stopped in for a quick, walk through tour of one of the grand old Hotels, the historic Davenport.   We strolled around the Mezzanine and ducked into one of the huge, fancy ballrooms, which was conveniently left open.....



Our meal (and margaritas)  at Cochinitos was all we expected.....Mmmmm.   We ate under the watchful eye of a very unusual woman.


 

When Jesse and Erin are busy we're trying to check out close to us places for dinner.     There are so many good places here, we're giddy with choice.    One night we scored a table at Italia Trattoria in nearby Browne's Addition.    Mmmmm    I took no pictures.

On Jesse's birthday, July 10, we met them for brunch at Chaps.   We sat outside in a beautiful garden setting and, once again, had a great meal.    Afterward we spent the day together.    Nice.


The next day Erin had planned the perfect birthday celebration for Jesse.....she rented a boat on beautiful Lake Pend Oreille for the whole afternoon.    She provided all Jesse's favorite things for the ride and we all enjoyed the most wonderful and relaxing day zooming around the lake, swimming, tubing and, of course, eating.    


Only a few of my pictures turned out well, I brought "the bad" camera along and I didn't want to to take my phone out of the glove compartment for fear of dropping it in the lake.



floating with a cup of Rose....what more could a guy want?





we boated under this railroad bridge, while a train was passing over it - cool!

Erin gets tubing instructions

Dave assumes the spotter duties

Yeeee Haaaaa
Erin's first time, ever!

We're having a wonderful time.    No need to try and "see everything" in a short time, we have the whole summer to explore.     Yesterday I finalized plans and reservations for our going home trip in September so now the pressure is totally off.    For the first time I'm finding the no vacancy sign out at some of the places I wanted to stay at.     I don't know if that is a sign of the times, or if it is because I'm not making plans far enough ahead.   Either way, I'm glad the planning is done.



13 comments:

  1. So glad you're having a wonderful time with family. What a fun birthday for Jesse! I love all the beautiful smiles. Definitely a happy day for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiles all around......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Except for that heat wave, which I hope is done for the summer, it looks like a great place to be and great people to be with. I raise my glass to you with a hearty, "Ponderay!" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid a few more 100's are in the forecast, but we'll soldier through. We're so happy to be with our family again.....

      Delete
  4. I can hear the happiness in your post ringing out loud and clear! And what a nice treat to not feel rushed to do everything all at once! Great restaurants with yummy food is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everyday life will resume soon enough. Lovely family visits, beautiful scenery and someone else making, serving and cleaning up dinner will end soon so I'll soak it all in while I can!

      Delete
  5. I do miss the water like that. Tubing is just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't have to miss it for long!

      Delete
  6. What a perfect way to spend a summer birthday!! Looks like it was great fun for everyone. I also can't believe it's half way through July already. No matter how warm it gets, you don't want to check out the top of Spokane Mountain - trust me on this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mt. Spokane is on my list.....is there another way to "do it", I mean a different way than the one you two chose?

      Delete
  7. So fun to read about all of the wonderful adventures you're sharing with Jesse and Erin! All of those great restaurants! And the day on the water looks idyllic. I've done a lot of waterskiing (ahem, earlier in life) and I would love to try tubing. Seriously, how is it mid-July already?? We're leaving here in 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the enjoyment of tubing directly relates to the driver of the boat....;-)

      Bon Voyage and let's hear about Magnolia's first trip?

      Delete
  8. We are finding the same in our travels as well. Have given up on first come as those are always full as well. I am really hoping things lighten up a bit in the Fall but we shall see. Sherry in MT

    ReplyDelete