beluga

beluga

Friday, November 25, 2022

Happy Day After....

 Happy Thanksgiving, still happy to have such a good life, happy to have such good, loyal friends and family, happy to live where we want to and to do what we like, when we like.   Still Thankful for sharing this life with the absolute perfect man.    Thankful for our son, who has grown from a funny and interesting curly haired little boy into a wonderul man, and thankful that he's brought such a sweet woman into our family as well.    At the same time, I'm very conscious of just how very fortunate I am, and never take these things for granted, not for one minute.

Dave is continuing with little projects around the house.    No, we have not tackled the "log wallpaper" in the guestroom yet, give us time.   

getting rid of the yucky blue/green trim

We had a quiet day yesterday.    The parade, the dog show, the Bills game, the shrimp cocktails, the wine and a good Turkey dinner, if I don't say so myself (at the risk of sounding like my dearly departed mother-in-law).

Unfortunately the Bills game and the Dog Show were on tv at the same time and neither of us really wanted to watch our thing, after the fact so we went to our separate rooms.


Lew wouldn't watch the dog show this year -
The Standard Poodle was WHITE!


yes, we did share the shrimp with Lew

the breast carving, the rutabaga bubbling.....

do you see the can marks?   That's how he likes it.


Happy Thanksgiving




17 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, belated! Yours looks great! I certainly appreciate your reasons for being thankful, much the same as our own.
    Not as quiet for us, we shared the desert with a few thousand like minded friends! This was not a blog trip, but it should have been! I missed the trail from 17 Palms up to S22 and did some of the most technical and fun exploring yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly sounds like a blog worthy trip! Let's hear about it.....

      Delete
  2. Happy belated Thanksgiving. Yours was perfect! "At the same time, I'm very conscious of just how very fortunate I am, and never take these things for granted, not for one minute."--a thing to strive for! I still have that wallpaper steamer--works like a charm--if we come to Wickenburg this winter I will bring it with me. For the longest time I didn't even know there was another kind of cranberry sauce other than the one with rings. Your pumpkin pie looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a deal, we'll trade the wallpaper steamer for a good meeting and visit and dinner! Happy Thanksgiving to you three!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, so very much to be grateful for, and so important to never take what we have for granted, as you so beautifully wrote.

    Your pumpkin pie looks fabulous! The cranberry sauce made me laugh. It looks to me like Dave was watching the game through his eyelids, haha!! Please tell Lew that he is still the most handsome poodle of all time. We are grateful for you three, dear friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave Lew your compliment, it made him smile. When do you move up to NC?

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great day! We too watched both the Bills game and the dog show but we switched between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s Gay…Lew is such a smart boy! Everybody knows black poodles rule! I’m totally in with the can jellied cranberry sauce too as long as it is Ocean Spray! Have a great week Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranberry sauce isn't my "thing" so I'm happy to open a can for Dave! I'll pass your affirmation along to Lewis, he'll be pleased.

      Delete
  7. I don't know how Lew would ever watch the Standard Poodle in the dog show. They are definitely now manly and so funny looking with all those fur balls. So embarrassing for such a manly boy.
    Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Yes, we do have SO much to be thankful for. I still find it hard to believe how wonderful our life has been and still is. I wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like an absolutely perfect TG Day! I agree with Lew, those trimmed poodles look silly. That little Winston was a cutie, though!

    You are right, of course, that we are lucky people. When I'm in the depths of home-building despair (cry me a river, eh?) I will remember your grace and gratefulness and emulate it! We're thankful to know you three <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fancy poodle goes to remind us that what we look like on the outside isn't always who we are on the inside, eh? And, yes, Winston was a cutie! We're thankful to know you two, just sorry that our meeting was just before we all decided to live sooooo far away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are grateful for you friendship Sue and Dave. Without you living here in W our life would have been boring. You nailed it on the head, we have everything to be thankful for, we are very fortunate. Can't wait to see Dave's painting job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well said, and I totally agree, we totally agree.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dittos all around - we're so blessed and grateful. I love that you and Dave each have a chair while Lew has the couch for TV watching :-))) I missed the dog show this year, I didn't tell Tessa it was on. Yep, has to be the canned cranberry sauce sliced just like that! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and wishing you all the best for the Christmas holidays.

    ReplyDelete