beluga

beluga

Monday, May 26, 2014

Green




Lewis leaps, Sasha stares

Dave bush hogs the pasture
(wouldn't Chamois and Queen have loved that job!)


I read friend's blogs and I'm green with envy.   They are out following a brew pub trail, hiking to the top of mountains, sharing meals with their daughter, climbing around ancient Indian ruins, wading in clear streams, eating ice cream, making plans for children's weddings, working on behalf of dogs in need, participating in their 36th 10K, rambling in our Nation's Capitol, sigh.

Some of them are planning new homes, planning new trips, making huge life choices, caring for aging parents, taking care of themselves and their husbands, repairing their "rides" or just waiting.....

Us?  We're trying to enjoy the "right now" scenes and smells and feelings.  I guess we all have to do something.......

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! It seems the grass is always greener :-) where others are doing whatever. Even waiting for repairs seem more interesting that one's own daily life. Yet I see your everyday with envy as well, noting how delightful your "right now" is in that beautiful setting. With your talented hubby and your leaping, staring companions. With Beluga and the lake property waiting patiently, not going anywhere without you. I'm glad you shared this, as I need a daily reminder of how good my right now, right here is too :-). Now go throw that ball while Louis still has a big lawn to chase it across!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be envious of some others. But no longer! I think I have the best of both worlds. I have a house that I love and it is right where my family is. I get to travel when ever I choose and see our daughter in Houston when ever. It just doesn't get much better than this. Just enjoy living the good life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are both seeing green….you in NY and I in the Smokies!

    ReplyDelete