beluga

beluga

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

still here

We're still here, I promise....    We're both just bogged down with the mundane (and sometimes frustrating) tasks necessary to empty one house and fill another much smaller one.   Appliances ordered, window coverings ordered, closet organization sort of organized.   Packing started.   We spent 4 hours at Lowes yesterday, don't ask.


We're trying to coordinate outside and/or garage jobs with the weather people.   No fun to be outside or in the cold cold garage when the thermometer reads below zero.  Filling boxes in that atmosphere takes on a whole new level of difficulty.

The cottage is almost ready for us.  All we're really waiting for is the carpet installation and a good clean up.  The appliances will come next week so we're on the home stretch for completion.   Our schedule is tight.   We close on the farm the end of February and then pack up Beluga to drive away the end of March!   I think I can, I think I can, I think I can

Here are a couple pictures from last week.

three muskrats were busy keeping this hole free from ice all afternoon
Its the only one on the lake at this point!


bathroom vanity

our little kitchen

Since these pictures were taken the counter tops and sinks have been installed.  

So there you have it, all I have to show.

7 comments:

  1. And I thought I was cold with 40 degrees. Just think, next winter you'll be foot loose and fancy free to roam south for however long you want. Happy packing.... it never seems to end, but it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, it is all coming together! This is so exciting...and I'm just watching from afar! Boy, I bet you are looking forward to some downtime once you hit the road!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, looks a little like Siesta Key white sand around that Sold sign:) Okay, that frozen lake doesn't resemble it at all!!

    The cottage is looking great. The kitchen looks large compared to what I am use to in the MH.

    A lot of work but it sounds like all is coming together nicely:)

    Stay warm up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sold our house ourselves last October and closed within TWO WEEKS! It was insane but we did it working nonstop though I thought it might do us in before we were done. Our buyers also bought most of our furniture, but we still needed a very large storage unit (no tiny house yet!). We staggered into our motorhome and drove away the morning after the closing. We did have the advantage of being in Arizona instead of the frozen tundra...but it was still hot in October so we had the other end of the spectrum to deal with. Can't wait to see more photos of your new home. Hang in there, you can do it and it is SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine having to be productive in zero temps, but then I can hardly imagine zero temps at all having never had the pleasure...... Still, I know that seeing the finish line is very motivating for getting things done :-) I suppose I'd rather be packing than trying to keep the last water hole from freezing! It's all so close - the house closing, the cabin being finished, the freedom to hit the road for however long you want, Spring - it's very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pack, unpack, clean, toss seemed an unending chore but at least this time, there is a reward at the end. Just take it easy and don't break your backs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will need to take us on a tour of your cottage once it is all done and you are in! You can do it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete