beluga

beluga

Thursday, May 10, 2012

St. Augustine - 2

Once again, I don't know what I'm doing and I managed to get the beginning of this post at the end and visa versa, so, please read St. Augustine - 1 first, then read St. Augustine -2.  Working on this blog is always the most interesting and exciting part of my day!  (not)





The Castillo de San Marco sits, alone, at the edge of the river.  It is the only extant 17th century fort in North America and was designated a National Monument in 1924.  It is surrounded by a moat, but not one that was ever filled with water.  It was used to keep its livestock safe during seige.




Below are some scenes as we walked around the old part of the city.




the oldest school house in the country


I know these pictures aren't in the best focus, but I was so excited to discover them!   They smelled as beautiful and exotic as they looked.  I have no idea what they are, do you?

Cindy, this guy looked just like a Fjord, but the wrong color scheme....what do you think?





More on St. Augustine tomorow.



1 comment:

  1. Neat area you're exploring. No, he's not a fjord. Looks like his mane is roached (probably just for ease of his daily handlers!)Maybe he's got some draft in him though since he looks like he's got some feathers from my view. Which if he's got those, his mane is probably quite bushy so the roaching would make sense. Did you hitch a ride in the carriage?

    ReplyDelete