beluga

beluga

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Together but separate

I love Sundays on the road.  The weekend folks have gone home and we have the campground to ourselves again.  I have to say we enjoyed watching the people across from us closing up and getting ready to leave.   Their trailer was brandy spanking new and they were clearly virgins in the entire camping experience.    First, he backed the truck up to the trailer, no good.    Then she got in and tried her hand while he lent some rather limp wristed direction.   I felt that his directions were designed to make her do a worse job than he did!   Dave says I should do a blog post on the variety of hand signals people use to direct their "significant other" into a campsite.  A favorite second cup pastime.    After a long while and a lot of spurting water, they drove away and we had to content ourselves with sitting in the brilliant sunshine.
.    

Today is a race day for Dave and  Domestic Diva day for me.  

Dave watched the entire NASCAR race telecast from  Martinsville, VA (a rare and coveted occurrence for him) and I roasted some potatoes with onions and parmesan cheese in anticipation of pairing them with some juicy Omaha Steaks burgers (Thanks Cindy P and Walter) then spent a pleasant few hours reading  "And the Mountain's Echoed"  (borrowed from Barb S in Webster) in the campground's sunny laundry room waiting for our clothes to wash and dry..

After dinner we'll enjoy our evening together, in separate rooms....The NHRA Drag Races from Las Vegas, the second last race of the season, will be on in the living room and the PBS series "The Paradise" will be showing in the bedroom.    I wonder which program  dogs will choose to watch?    My guess is that they will snuggle with me on the bed.....

Its so nice to do exactly as we please and still will be just steps away from each other.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am also a Nascar Sprint Cup fanatic! Martinsville is so on my list of tracks to visit. We try each year to visit at least one track. This year it was Las Vegas! Anyway, so nice to read about someone else who enjoys the races! By the way, my driver won today! Actually met him in Dover 2 years ago! I wish Joe had been roasting potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your post describes such an easy to imagine slice of life on this lifestyle. I can smell those roasted potatoes and onions.

    I usually end up in the back bedroom with the pooches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very relaxed day!

    It is fun to watch others set up and back up. It is amazing how differently we all do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "The Paradise." Paul says he can't understand those English...lol I watch just about every series PBS has. Can't wait till Doubting Abbey starts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Happy days are here again!

    ReplyDelete