beluga

beluga

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Stopped for a few days

 The dark skies I told you about last night didn't bring any bad weather.     We were beginning to think that we should take the alerts on my phone seriously and check out where we could go if the strong winds were to materialize.  Just the night before, another cell had produced out flow winds of 50-60 mph in this very area.     I'm glad the storms dissapaited before they got to us but the dark skies made for some beautiful light on the trees and flowers around our site.



Just when I thought the night would be uneventful.....the Rose Robber struck again.....I found this beautiful flower on the table in the morning....



Today we drove out of Idaho and into beautiful Oregon, along the Snake River and through the high, golden velvet mountains to La Grande, Oregon.



Lewis was happy to remove his harness, extend the slides, rub his face around on the newly exposed carpet,  and settle down in front of  "his" fan.    He doesn't enjoy going places, he enjoys being in places.     He's happy we'll be here for a couple of days so he can explore the lush grass and trees and Beluga won't be jigging and growling around underneath him all day.   He says it's nerve wracking.




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful La Grande. You're getting close to wine country!
    Lewis and his fan ... too funny! We will be taking a 'personal air-conditioned' with us on our next trip. Just a fan with a water reservoir to make an evaporative cooler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. any favorite wineries?

      Delete
    2. My fav ??? the closest one! ;)
      There are indeed so many good reds to be shared in the Columbia Valley. Enjoy your visit.
      My mom is from Pasco, my college was in Ellensburg ... Yakima ha mostly apples then. I enjoy visiting more now!

      Delete
  2. I love Lewis and his fan. Dog knows how to live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The storm certainly turned the light on that tree. How beautiful is that bright yellow. Great capture! I can only imagine how nice it will be for Lew to stay still for a couple days. Traveling is tough on the poor boy. I understand his anxiety. Lew and I are spirits together in our always being on the edge. The Rose Robber did a great job! What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lew is a happy boy when we're in one place for a few days. He loves to explore new places.
    I do love that Rose Robber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart boy that Lewis is! What a nice spot to call home for a few days!

    ReplyDelete