beluga

beluga

Saturday, June 4, 2022

Gold Beach

 Gold Beach, more of the same.....just what we came for.     Ocean views and the sound of waves right from our site, lunch beside a river, walks on an ocean beach, drives through deep dark forests,  seafood, fog, naps, quiet.    Ah.....


We found a little bakery serving a few types of home made breads and goodies from a walk up window in the young woman's home,     She calls her business "Leavened" and she makes chocolate Kouign Amann (look it up) everyday.    Mmmmm.     We bought her last 4 and planned to freeze two for later.   Best laid plans they say.


I really tried to get a picture of one, I really did.    Needless to say none of the 4 made it to the freezer.  Mmmmm

So, here are a few pictures of the above mentioned pastimes....lunch beside a river, walk on a beach, Jeep roads,  wildflowers, critters and a quiet campground.



mother Merganser was having a bad hair day

we heard this waterfall before we saw it - thundering water 



almost out of road!

zzzzz


The weather was beautiful, until it wasn't.....our site was perfect, until it wasn't.


The power shut off and on and off and on and off.    We didn't really notice it at first because our inverter took over and powered the tv and the few lights we were using.     The final "hint" was when I loaded the dryer, turned it on and walked away to enjoy second cup.      After awhile we noticed that we hadn't heard the click that signals the end of a dry cycle.   I went back to check it out and found that it had never actually started working, the clothes were still as I left them, soaking wet.   Only then did we look up at the power panel lights above the windshield and saw that they were NOT LIT......Duh!  At that point, Dave wasn't sure if it was our problem or theirs.....So he went out and started checking and investigating.


Eventually, it was decided that the breaker at the power pedestal was to blame, salt air takes it's toll on things.     Dave put everything back together again, pulled in the slides and moved about 50 feet into another empty spot.   There appeared to be good power in that site,  so there we spent our last night before pulling up stakes and heading north to Bandon. 

I'll close this post for the moment.   Our WiFi is a bit wonky today and better I post now and not lose anything.    Check back later and see if I was able to produce another!




11 comments:

  1. OK - I looked it up ... Kouign Amann does sound delish!
    Great pictures, I especially enjoyed the waterfalls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you looked it up, it's a hard to explain pastry - but oh so good and hard to find. The big waterfall was so loud and beautiful I made (asked politely....) Dave turn around and go back so I could see it better. The road was very narrow and the falls was on a sharp curve. Poor Dave stood at the curve, watching for traffic, so I could satisfy my curiosity - He's a keeper all right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying the area with only a few normal glitches.
    Since I don't type that fast I set up a Document to copy and paste on Blogger because I was losing too many posts. Then it only takes a few minutes to add the pictures. I then only need Ten to Fifteen Minutes on Blogger itself to publish. You can even write your Blog in parts throughout the day. Try it. You might find it worthwhile.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Kouign Amann look tasty. No wonder you couldn't get a picture.

      Delete
    2. look for them when you go places.....they're worth it!

      Delete
  4. It’s Gay…I too had to look up the pastry. Sounds yummy. Love seeing Lewis and Dave (and you) enjoying the beach. The delicate little wildflowers bring back nice memories of our time at Elwha Dam RV Campground. So happy you are having a nice and beautiful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kouign Amann are worth looking for! We are having a good time and a nice adventure....

      Delete
  5. We haven't had a Kouign Amann since the bakery in Kanab! I can inderstand how they didn't make it to the freezer. Yum!! Seeing all the beautiful waterfalls sounds wonderful. I love hearing the rushing water. Love Mother Merganser's "hair" and the pretty yellow wild iris. oh, the changing coastal weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kouign Amann were very different with the addition of dark chocolate....I'm a purist, but any port in a storm eh?

      Delete
  6. Who doesn't like seals and sea lions and sweet pastries and beautiful scenery and poodles that organize? No one I want to know, that's who!

    Very happy belated to Oh, Dave, and he's inspired me to scheme to pluck some of the roses that are getting ready to bloom here in the RV park. You saw some nesting PIGUs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Flower Filcher has kept Beluga filled with roses et al for many years. A great obsession to copy! I was so excited to see PIGUs and here I find out you have a job to study them! Jealous......

      Delete