beluga

beluga

Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day

Did you wear green today?   Did you attend a parade today?  Did you pub crawl today?  Did you have corned beef and cabbage today?

We didn't.    It rained and thundered and lightninged and rained some more.






Even a tornado watch.......so what did we do?    We sat inside all day long and worked on our changing health insurance situation.     Me on my laptop, Dave on his IPad.   What an exciting couple we are.


Nothing earth shaking, just forcing ourselves to sit still, focus and sift through the information on which supplemental plan he'll add to his Medicare coverage starting in May and me figuring out what health insurance plan I'll choose for myself starting at the same time.   This is the first time in 43 years that I've had to make that choice and I'm not enjoying the process.   And, yes, I've encountered the technical glitches that have made the Obamacare website famous, grrrr.

We had planned on attending a 50th birthday celebration at poolside this evening, but this turbulent weather has poor old Sasha really frazzled.  A couple Benadryl have rounded her corners, but we don't like to leave her alone in that state.    So its left overs for dinner and Dancing with the Stars on the tube for us!


5 comments:

  1. I actually wish for an occasional rainy day, they just don't happen very often out here, especially this year!

    We've have been pleasantly surprised by our rates with Obamacare (thru Oregon). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even realize that Dancing With the Stars was on tonight. Thanks goodness we have it recorded. I was thinking that you would be watching tonight, also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pub crawl for us either, instead went to Joe Pattis Seafood store and stock up for our next destination. It was yesterday when we had that thunderstorm and the rain lingered on until early afternoon.
    Thanks for the DWTS reminder, I'll check if we can get it from our air antenna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Nothing earth shaking...." We can't say that here today as we woke to a nice little earthquake in SoCal :-). No parading or crawling for us either - did remember to wear green though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No parading, no crawling. None of that! We did the circuit, Target, Costco and groceries. Could it get any more exciting? No, I think not. I'm pretty sure it's not going to rain in Tucson until monsoon.

    ReplyDelete