We were scheduled to move on north this morning. We didn't move north towards Denver, we moved about 200 feet to the south into another site where we can stay until next Sunday.
We've decided to stay put because I wasn't able to find a campsite anywhere within driving distance for the coming week. Who knew it was the 4th of July holiday! I guess its easy to forget those things when everyday feels like a holiday. At any rate, we'll stay right here til the rush is over and then move north, through Denver and on west towards Utah. I like this site much better than last nights. Its on the end of a row with expansive views and a nice, grassy side "yard" for the dogs to luxuriate in. Its been quite some time since they had something soft to walk on. Sasha is in her glory...she flops down on her side and nuzzles her face deep into the green, green grass.
Our plans are always evolving, depending on weather, fires, storms and just our personal feelings at any given moment. Volunteering at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, Utah looks like it won't happen this year. Timing, fires, and their full RV park are conspiring against us. Who knows what the winter may bring, perhaps our "soft" plans will change again and we'll find ourselves there later....stay tuned.