beluga

beluga

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Moab to Salt Lake City

A last peaceful night at our home in Moab.  A pretty sunset and a visitor.


If you remember from previous posts, I mentioned that Lewis has become quite adept at frog hunting along the koi pond.  Well, he thought he was hunting.   Evidently the little froggies enjoy his games because they come right up to Beluga in the evenings and wait for him to come out!

I tried to take a picture of this guy, but I didn't want to get too close, in case...well, just in case...

I took this picture of our night time visitor.

Dave had no problem taking the camera from me, dropping to the ground and taking Kermit's picture at ground level...He took this one...
Can Lewis come out and play?

We left Moab this morning around 10 a.m. north on Utah 191.  We connected to I-70 around Green River and continued west to Utah 50.  We took U 50 north to I-15 (it cut a long corner) and on into Salt Lake.  North Salt Lake actually.  I-15 had quite a bit of construction to get through and in the middle of it all, the skies opened and we (Dave) had to deal with the mother of all rain/wind storms.
I bet you thought you'd seen the last rock picture....


I-70 went through some amazing rock cuts                                                                                                                                                              
view from our lunch spot

We're finally settled at Pony Express RV Resort in North Salt Lake.  I say "finally" because we set up in a less than optimal spot, between two trailers that looked like they've been there awhile.  Like they're doing some extensive work on their trailers.  The site was close, way  too close.    I went to to the office and wonderful Callie moved us to a perfect place, right on the end of a row.  Its a much bigger spot, with no one on our left.   Perfect.  So we're settled for a few days, looking forward to visiting with our friends, the Avery's.

Poor Dave is beat, gutted after the tough drive.  Dinner, wine and a good night's sleep will take care of him.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous photos ...loved the petroglyphs and the frog. Sure am glad that Dave took over with the picture-taking for that one. Nice to see him up closer. Incredible rocks. Amazing country ...but still wish you were here.

    ReplyDelete