beluga

beluga

Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday - uh oh, another weekend

It was a beautiful morning, bluer skies and the sun shining on Mt. Graham when we went outside for coffee.



We decided to play 9 holes at the Mt. Graham/city of Safford Golf Course before lunch, before the "crowds" were due, its a weekend after all.   On our way out of the campground we saw Lisa and Hans checking in.  We chatted for a second and invited them over for a glass of wine later in the afternoon.

Dave felt he had an OK round of golf, but I have to say his putting was stellar today!   He says this course was a typical open western course with lots of unimproved ground between the tee and green.  I didn't think it was a particularly pretty course, but the mountain views all around were unbelievable.  Lots of birds and ducks for me to spy on.

What do you think Lisa?   Widgeons?


hard to concentrate on a putt with such a background

Holy guano!

We got back to Beluga around 2 p.m. and found ourselves once again surrounded with tents.   Grrrr.
I was looking forward to spending the rest of the afternoon sitting in the sun reading, but not any more, its way too noisy.   Luckily, our site is quite private on one side, so I just turned my chair to the view and pretended to be alone.   Lewis, unfortunately, wasn't able to keep his eyes off all the kids and bikes.  He quietly crawled up on me and watched from the safety of a warm, soft lap.   Dave took a picture of us that he thinks is cute, but it didn't pass my test,  so you can't see it......

Lisa and Hans came over around 4:30 bearing chairs and hummus and we shared some red wine and conversation.  This is probably the last time our paths will cross this year and I know we'll miss their good, solid information, their enthusiasm and laughter.
dusky view over Roper Lake with a special blackbird on the rushes

Lisa cued us into the beautiful yellow headed blackbirds zooming around the lake.
I would have missed them

too beautiful to overlook


happy Spring!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wowser...my spirits would soar each day if i looked at those mountain views! Spectacular...I'm trying to keep that one etched in my mind!

    Yellow headed blackbird ...very cool.

    Indeed, Happy Spring ...and a lovely group of daffodils to enjoy. Our crocus's are covered with the snow again. Must be that spring is getting closer to us too. I'm just not going to count next week (cold, snow, cold, snow, blah, blah, blah). My brain is only going to register weatherbug information when it says something about 50 now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really do have a lot in common...John plays golf, I support...He takes pictures of me, I delete!!!

    I know what you mean about the weekend. The families, which means loud children, started arriving yesterday. Our park's half off the monthly rate ends tonight. So all the snow birds are leaving either today or tomorrow morning. I think there are a lot of spring breaks next week so Zion and our park will be crawling with people. oh, well, not much we can do about it. I'll find off the grid hikes.

    I love the yellow headed blackbird. So pretty!

    Have fun with Lisa and Hans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed, looks like Widgeons to me! Those are some great mountain shots. I just can't get enough of the yellow headed blackbirds! They cleaned out our bird feeder quickly this morning and we had mobs of them pecking around under the feeder! I'll fill it up again in the morning if the wind dies down.

    Good seeing you yesterday, Safe Travels!

    ReplyDelete