beluga

beluga

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday - back in New York

It has been brought to my attention that perhaps I may be getting just the slightest bit grouchier the further east we drive.....   Now that we are officially back in our home state I will undergo an attitude adjustment whereby you will know how really happy I am to see dear friends and family.     Thanks, Tracy.

Oops, sorry..... here is a little bit of left over crabbiness.....we left our very muddy campsite this morning about 11.  It was so wet and dank that even the lovely cool breeze coming through Beluga's windows this morning smelled like mud.   We left later than we'd planned because the front tire (you remember, the front tire that Jimmy Carter pulled a screw out of and patched yesterday) was low, AGAIN!    Is it another screw?  Is it the valve/valve stem? Did JC's patch not hold?   We'll see.

We arrived at Camp Chautauqua this afternoon around 3:30, right on time.   It was a nice, sunny day and all the humidity of the last few weeks was gone.  This is a fairly large campground with a mix of "boxcars" and regular rv sites divided between a hilly, treed section and a more open, grassy area on the shores of Chautauqua Lake.  So far the place has been very quiet and peaceful and Beluga can see the lake from her site.    She always likes that.

Beluga's view



this site is very large, level, dry and has 50 amp service AND cable tv!


We had a lovely welcome back tonight.   We met our dear friend, JoAnn, at a fantastic French restaurant just a short way from our campground and her summer home.  La Fleur is in a gracious old brick house with crisp white table linens and cobalt blue glassware.   The atmosphere, service and food were first class.  I had a perfectly aged and cooked steak with all the appropriate goodies,  Dave and JoAnn had thyme infused butter poached Maine lobster with Americaine Foam and celeriac puree.    Lordy, it was something to look and just as good to eat!

I totally forgot my camera so I have no pictures (I understand its not in good taste to take photo's in a nice restaurant anyway), but we're meeting her for lunch at the "Institute" tomorrow, so I'll try to do better then.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the Empire State, Sue and Dave!

    Love, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to NY!!

    I had to laugh as I read. Oh, that attitude!!!! I am still working on my attitude. I was meant to be on the west coast. I don't like the east!! This time is a real struggle for me but I am trying. I need to get over it for everyones sake.

    Looks like a another beautiful site:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too feel out of sorts when we return to CA and especially San Diego. I want to be out exploring new territory, not returning to the places that I've known for years and years and years! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference compared to the desert setting of AZ. You are in a beautiful spot though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, from Maryland writing. I have lived in four states and have loved all of them. (I never had a real say in the matter) All are different and all are the same. Mom lived in California and my brother still does. NO matter what state I was living in I was always glad to be home. It is wonderful that we are able to have the freedom to choose. Travel, stay put. Explore, sit on our deck. It's all good. Sue, the beans are blooming and bees are buzzing.

    ReplyDelete