beluga

beluga

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday



Pay no attention to the weather radar.....we've decided not to let it have power over us.

 In between the thunder/lightning/torrential rain we managed to do a bit of auto hiking today.   On our way to Crestview, to return last night's Redbox selection,  an orange sand road called to us.   "Follow me, follow me".....



It was recently graded and there were many spots where we could see evidence of water running across it.    With an eye to the sky we decided to go for it and see where the road would take us.   After 5 or 6 miles we came upon a boat launch into what we later found to be the Yellow River.    It had clearly flooded in the last few days and the facilities were completely empty.    Steamy, hot and eerily empty.  No bird song, no frog croak, no sounds except for the river moving along through the foliage.









The sky was beginning to darken and we were a bit gun shy, so we decided to head back to Beluga.  Along the way we saw more lush beauty and I wanted to show you some of it.







After dinner and after a particularly hefty thunder storm passed over us, Mother Nature gifted us with a spectacular sunset.    With the bad comes the good I guess..


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Thanks for the automobile today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! That's a nasty looking wall of weather coming your way! Fingers crossed you get on the road soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in CA all my life I haven't paid much attention to weather patterns or dopler or even forecasts unless planning something outside. Now it seems I'm becoming an expert with numerous resources on the weather! I find the Wind Map to be fascinating (who am I?). Glad you're keeping an eye on things and still exploring. Love the reflections and those delicate white flowers. The different colored waterways in that area remind me of all the different colored rock in the west. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe the radar is stuck. Someone needs to reboot!! Good to see you are getting out and enjoying the area some between rain storms. Love that photo of the open mouth tree!! Very cool:) I always enjoy seeing reflection photos. Gorgeous sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for all your wet weather. Please don't be upset when I share we have been having beautiful warm days and cool, comfortable evenings.

    ReplyDelete