Our second last night at Rio Bend RV Resort in El Centro, CA produced a phenomenal sunset. Unfortunately, we knew what that meant.
It meant that a change in the weather was coming. Friday (the next day) would be a lovely warm one. Saturday, the day we were scheduled to leave, was forecast to be extremely windy and rainy.
We've learned that to drive on windy, rainy days is most unpleasant and to be avoided when possible so we enjoyed one last morning's Blue Angel viewing and then set off for Arizona, one day early.
It was a beautiful day to drive, we saw more flowers lining the road than we had recently - maybe spring is here?
Our site at Desert Cypress (Wickenburg) was not available for Friday night but we were welcome to dry camp on their property, so that is what we did. Mother nature gave us another beautiful light show.
The next morning we woke to the forecast rain and strong winds. We were happy that we made the right decision to adjust our driving plans.
We waited until the rain let up a bit before moving the 1000 feet to our site for the next 3 weeks.
Since then, the weather has cooperated with us and we're enjoying our time here. We get some lovely sun in the mornings and we take good advantage of it for second cup.
|my sweet Lewis prefers the shade so we accommodate as best we can
Two Roadrunners whiz by behind Beluga daily and the hummingbirds have found us.
|they moved so fast!
|she stops for a look see
Dave has been having problems with his hamstring while driving so we've decided to take advantage of our relatively long stay here and the proximity of a wonderful doctor in nearby Phoenix to see if they can help him get more comfortable.....driving is our life! As a result, we haven't done much in the way of exploring the area.
I have, however, gotten tickets to a duo Piano performance at the Del Web Performing Arts Center here and recently discovered that there will be a Cowboy Mounted Shooting Competition not far away this weekend, so we're managing to have a good time anyway!