beluga

beluga

Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday - clarification

Yesterday I alluded to Lewis' "fish".  I also showed you a picture of Dave "fishing" for his lost golf ball.  There is no connection between the two, it was pure coincidence that I used the word twice in the same blog.

This is Lewis' fish.  His outside fish.   Please don't ask me why he calls it a fish, I don't know, he just does.
We play fetch with it, keep away with it, and generally rough house outside with it.  It is usually very dirty and lives outside in the "dog" compartment until he asks for it.



If you know Lewis very well, you know he has an inside fish also,  He calls this one a fish for obvious reasons.


Before we left Bishop this morning, I finally took care of a job I've been putting off most of this trip.   I made all our Dr. appointments for August and September.  Ugh.  I can hardly wait to be poked, prodded, bled, examined and scraped.   I won't think about those appointments again til we get home, done!

After our last Schats lunch, we pointed Beluga north on 395 and stayed the course all the way into Carson City, Nv.   I know, another state!   At least the time zone is the same.  Here are a few pictures I took on the way..






We love driving on route 395 as much now as we did the first time last October.   The mountain peaks are snow covered now, the spring flowers are just showing, the stands of aspens that wore rich golds and oranges then,  now show us a tender, delicate green, the broad valleys are lush and full and the lakes hold flocks of white pelicans.  We're so grateful to Nina and Paul for igniting our interest in the eastern Sierras.  We'll surely be back again next time.


3 comments:

  1. High, beautiful living ....America is spectacular! Thanks for the lovely ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely photos. Looks like the windshield got hit with a few bugs...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're ahead of me! I am still putting off making those appointments for our return to PA. I must get to it!

    Love that Lewis can call his toys by name...very smart dog!!

    Beautiful mountain snow!!

    ReplyDelete