beluga

beluga

Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday - Florence

We got a good nights sleep in the Elite lot and this morning we headed back to the ocean.  I felt like I was ripped away from it before I was ready and now we could get a few last walks on the beach before we start our homeward journey.   No second cup outside yet, but the day dawned sunny at last.  We bid the Elite boys adieu, filled Beluga's empty belly and off we went.



I think its more interesting this way.....


our old friend the Suislaw River, we'll follow it to the ocean
We thought we were done with unpleasant surprises, but one more tiny one awaited us at Harbor Vista County Park.   We pulled in, unhooked the jeep and prepared to use the dump station.  We haven't had a sewer connection for quite a few days, and we won't have one at this campground either, so we needed to use their "facilities" before we pulled into our site for the next 5 days.    It was CLOSED!   New hours are 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and it was l:30 when we arrived.....      Nothing on their website about it, no signs at the park entrance, just two sawhorses blocking the lanes.    Very frustrating.   I found the camp host and the maintenance man, told them our sob story and they took pity on us.   Whew.

Beluga is nestled into the Rhodies, snug as a bug in a rug
We're in the same site as we were last October, for Sasha's birthday.  This must be a birthday kind of place, because tomorrow is someone else's birthday!   His son is coming over for a nice dinner at the Waterfront Depot, one of our favorite restaurants.

The only drawback to this campground is that, once again, there is no tv service.    You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I complain bitterly each time we put up the antenna, scan for channels, and get a big O.  (go ducks)  We drove into Florence to locate a video store and found a really good one.  Now I'm happy.  While I was in the post office picking up our mail, Dave had a good phone conversation with niece Lisa.  She called to wish him an early happy birthday.  

I don't remember if I posted pictures of this cool restaurant last year.  I'm too lazy to look back through my posts, so if you've seen them before, don't look.....






We parked next to this truck at the video store.   I can't imagine how he got so muddy, can you?






Movies are calling me, so I'll leave you with this picture of some of the beautiful flora surrounding Beluga tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are back and settled. Hope you have nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I'm gonna do that with my truck ....

    Cool pix of the upside tunnel (you are so creative!!!)

    And a BIG Happy Birthday to Dave!! Hope you have a wonderful year ...well, you're certainly off to a good start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We stayed in that campground last June. The camp host was a sweetheart. The maintenance guy was wonderful. We had a great time exploring the area.

    We had a satellite and Direct TV. No problems with that.

    ReplyDelete