beluga

beluga

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Saturday

Where to start, or actually where to stop.....

I have way too many pictures of the Street Rod show today and I can't seem to decide which pictures to show you and which to blow away!   Maybe its too late to think critically, maybe I'm too full from dinner, maybe I'm too hot (still 90 degrees and very windy)  Maybe I'll put some in tonight's post and look at the rest tomorrow.......


As I mentioned before, its really hot today.  We have no trees around us, but we have a knock-out view so we don't mind.  We find shade where we can for second cup....

Before we drove into Boulder City for the Street Rod show, we went down to the beach and checked out the area for tomorrow.   Yes, we've added another day onto our stay here.

fishing pier?
The water level is lower than we thought...the pier is probably 100 feet from the edge of the water!

the sunny warm weekend brought out lots of boats

the thin white line seemingly at the water's edge is our campground
Beluga is the last rig on the right
So, here is a smattering of what I saw in Boulder City today.  I wish I could let you hear the sound of these souped up engines, they just roared.  Gave us goose pimples!




Fred, is that you?









don't say I don't post pictures of me!


Alright, thats enough for now, I'll post more tomorrow for whoever is as interested in these old hot rods as we are.....

Oh, and did I mention that this wasn't just a street rod show?   It is properly named the Boulder City Jamboree and included antique sales, art and craft booths, food vendors, antique toys and pedal cars (which I now realize must be  a very big deal), a gun show and a kiddie extravaganza.  Lots to see and do on this sunny hot day.

adaptive reuse
This old firetruck has been turned into a wood fired pizza truck.   creativity rules!

huge bounce house/slide for the little ones

everyone looked like they were having a ball in this bubble pond
There were plenty of things to keep the kids busy.   Good thing....no little finger marks on the car's fantastic paint jobs!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, how they glisten and shine. Must be tons of work and effort and money to keep them looking so beautiful. Thanks for sharing ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of you taking a photo of the rim is awesome. So creative.

    We have had those adventures were there is so much to share it is difficult to decide what to post. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun at the show. York (where we are from) has a big Street Rod Show and parade every year. Quite a big event. Beautiful cars.

    What another beautiful view! So glad you have Dave penned in. We wouldn't him to run away!!

    ReplyDelete