beluga

beluga

Friday, April 13, 2012

Today was a driving day.  We took I-81 through Virginia which, as interstate highways go, is a nice ride.  It follows the Shenandoah Valley between the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Appalachians.  The view is of large, green, rolling fields filled with black angus and charolais cattle and bordered by the mountains. (Geez, I sound like a Auto Club trip tik!)   I really enjoyed seeing the new calves whizzing around terrorizing their mothers and kicking up their heels.
We've noticed that there are more leaves on the trees as we move south and the redbuds brilliant colors are beginning to soften as they leaf out.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that "auto-club trip tik" comment got me chuckling right away! yup ....you were getting pretty good at that. But, all your readers probably love the descriptive words and phrases! I know that I do! Checking on you guys every morning, so keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete