beluga

beluga

Monday, June 18, 2012

Santa Fe, part 1

We had a leisurely morning then drove into old Santa Fe.  We didn't really have a destination, just getting our bearings.  Lunched at a sweet little "Santa Fe meets Paris" cafe and then strolled the town.

view on the way into Santa Fe


its about a 10 minute drive from our campground to old town Santa  Fe




Burro Alley Cafe lunch spot
Burro Alley



Theatre across from cafe

detail on the theatre

Basilica of St. Francis of Assesi


church in a different style









Native Americans win lottery spots to exhibit their  wares each day

We bought something here Erin











huge old cottonwood holds a surprise...


do you see her?








Wow, lots of pictures today.  Sorry.  Santa Fe is just such a picturesque place I couldn't help myself.  I took more, but I'll save them for another post.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh ...thanks for the memories, Sue! NIce to see Santa Fe again. Fun town and good food as I recall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so jealous. I had one or two art professors who went to school in New Mexico and were always speaking of the wonderful artist community there. So much to see and experience. Thanks again for the chat today!

    ReplyDelete