beluga

beluga

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday - BCA

Windy, sunny and warm, so what else is new?  Quail visited again today and a number of finch and sparrows enjoyed the birdie spa we set up under the tree.   (Don't tell them its only a tote top filled with water, ok?)

this little purple finch just finished splashing about in our new "spa"


I went to the grocery and video store, Dave sat and watched/listened to the last NASCAR race of the year (boo hoo).    We were going to drive over to the Guide Dogs of the Desert facility and watch a graduation, but the day got away from us and it was too late by the time we finished lunch.  Another day.

I had a great phone call with Robin while I was out.  She's enjoying a Thanksgiving visit from one of her sons and filled me in on the details of her new (to her) dog.  She's taken on her current dog's  (Remy) grandson.   He needs a new home and he seems to be fitting in the Bell home quite well.   He's, ahem, a bit chubby, but they are working on that and will start obedience classes this week.


His name is Monte (alternately called Count of Monte Crisco and the Full Monte) and is a Lowchen.  In the picture above he is clipped in the traditional Lion cut that Lowchen's are shown in.

Dave and I both talked with Jesse today and I "talked" with Cindy P, finding out that her new baby will be arriving in the beginning of December (Glory - a miniature wire-haired dachshund from Florida).   Fun times...



1 comment:

  1. I love Monte!! Adorable guy and he looks so gosh-darn sweet....hmnnn. (No, cindy, no more dogs!)

    Sending my condolences on the end of NASCAR season for Dave ...guess he better head home so he can watch and listen to the cars speeding down Reservoir rd. I was encouraged last week when some flashing lights pulled someone over at 5:30am...I giggled through the whole ordeal because it's just so annoying. And I'm glad to see some reminders being given!

    Lovely week expected here ...mid 50's and sun. Quite unheard of for November so we're all geared up to get lots of outdoors things done. But, we're kind of running out of things since we're so organized and Fred works here!

    That was very creative with the birdbath lid ...I bet they enjoyed that!

    ReplyDelete