beluga

beluga

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Tuesday

Today we drove through the rest of Ohio and then all the way across Indiana to tonight's stop in the tiny town of Casey, Illinois.   Evidently Casey is home to the "world's largest golf tee" among a few world's largest items.   We did not unhook the jeep so we did not personally see this golf tee but will believe that it exists.

Indiana....home of the Hoosiers.    Mostly we saw fields of corn, fields of soybeans being harvested (in a cloud of dust) and more than enough construction and truck traffic on I-70.





We're settled in for the night at the Casey KOA, surrounded by views of corn and soybean fields.

Beluga's campground view



A question for you: Does anyone know what a Hoosier is? (other than a resident of Indiana?) Neither of us knows, I'm really asking!

5 comments:

  1. A hoosier is a native of Indiana - a Hoosier's man. Sorry you skipped Casey, largest of a lot of things and the world's smallest mailbox. It was a hoot! Safe Travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I was really asking was where does that word come from, why are people in Indiana called that?



    ReplyDelete
  3. The complete answer from the Indiana Historic Society:
    http://www.indianahistory.org/education/hoosier-facts-fun/fun-facts/what-is-a-hoosier#.WdQ7MUuGPrc

    It's too long to cut and paste. I just Googled your question.

    Sounds like a long day but you got quite a ways! Gotta love road construction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to say it, but it sounds like a piece of fancy underwear. I can see from the other comments that I'm wrong :)
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, you can come up with some creative meanings of Hoosier while you drive your next 200 miles. I have no idea what it means, now I want to know, but my internet is too crappy to search for it. :-)))

    ReplyDelete