Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday - first full day home

Beep beep beep beep beep.....we woke to an alarm this morning, first one in a long time and it didn't wake us up for a pleasant, early morning golf game.    Dave made a first thing in the morning appointment to get the jeep's windshield repaired and then a little bit later appointment to get its inspection updated.  We've been driving illegally since we re-entered New York State.  

I  enjoyed my normal, lazy morning and then had a wonderful visit from bestest friend and neighbor, Cindy P.  She brought Dunkin Donuts coffee and a donut for me!   Her visit would have been sweet enough without the goodies, but they sure tasted good!    Lewis was absolutely beside himself when she walked in.  They have a long history together, she's been his friend since we first brought him home at 8 weeks old.  He sprinkled his enthusiasm all over the floor....

Cindy keeps Lewis' attention.
It was so good to see her again.

Sasha greeted her old friend, then hopped up on "her" couch to rest up from the excitement.   She's settled right back into the house and her old routine.

We had a lovely long visit and she caught me up on all her recent goings on.  Nice to be next door again.

Dave's morning wasn't going so pleasantly.  The glass shop ordered the wrong windshield, so he left the jeep there and they brought him home.   He jumped in his jeep (yes, we have two identical jeeps - don't ask...)
and went to the DMV to get it re-registered and then inspected.   No sense in wasting time, right?

Well, things didn't go well for him at the DMV either.   Their computers were down, all over the state, and he waited at least an hour and a half, but no luck.   He put the license plates back on his jeep and drove home.   Now we have two cars we can't drive.     Long story short, Cindy P came back later in the day and drove us back to the glass shop so we could at least get that car home and we have an appointment tomorrow to get it inspected.   Hopefully the State of New York will get its computers back on line tomorrow and we'll have both jeeps legal to drive.

While this was all going on, niece Lisa came to see us.   She brought a gorgeous pot of coleus, and petunias for my front step.   The house looks bare without all the flowers I usually have, and she knew it.  What a sweetie.

Dave was happy to see Lisa

Lewis was happy to see Lisa
I was happy to see her too, but someone had to hold the camera!

Here's Lisa without Lewis or Dave attached.
(Well, Dave is still sort of attached)

Wonderful Fred and dear friend Barb called too, but we didn't make face to face contact with them yet.

We should go away more often, the homecoming reception is really really nice!

Genesee Valley sunset


  1. I have never seen a sunset quite like's beautiful!

  2. Yup, what a picture, Sue! Did it really look like that last night or was that your camera adding some fluff???

    It's stupendous to have you guys home again!

  3. What a homecoming. Isn't it nice to know you are missed?

    That sunset photo is gorgeous. What character!

  4. Glad to hear the dogs are back to the old routine!

    Looks like a busy time for you getting all caught up with family and friends. That's what we will do for two months while in York.

    We aren't inspected in PA either. John was driving around with our campground receipt in case he got stopped while we were in Erie. He wants to wait til we get York to get the Jeep inspected. The motorhome hasn't been inspected for two years!! Hope you get all worked out with the cars.

    Wow!! What a cool shape for the sunset! Glad you were able to capture it.

  5. Hope you enjoy being home as much as ya'll seemed to enjoy being on the road. Beluga will be lonely!