Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Busy day, over too soon

I was going to go downtown Salt Lake with Marilyn this morning while the "boys" played golf, but plans changed.  I had a nasty sore throat all night and didn't sleep well, it was still with me in the morning so I cancelled the shopping excursion and stuck close to home.    I'm fine now, I think it was just allergies.

Good thing I stayed home though.  Right around lunch time  Beluga's front air conditioner started sounding and acting funny.  The compressor kept coming on and going off and the vents were blowing warm air, not cold.  Hmmm, what to do.  Dave had his phone off at the golf club, as it should be, so I was left to make a decision on my own.  I noticed a mobile RV tech. working on a unit two sites down so I asked him if he could check out our air conditioning unit.  He had time, so he came over and after a thorough investigation, diagnosed the problem.  Luckily he had the needed part in his van, so in an hours time things were cooling properly.  Whew!   Its been way to hot to be without air conditioning.

my Savior, Mr. Mobile

After Dave came home and had time to cool off and shower, we set off to the University of Utah's new exhibit, Speed - Art of the Performance Vehicle.  The vehicles on display really were "art", beautiful lines and colors.

Dave and Marilyn reading about these beautiful machines

Jack and Marilyn in the background

After the exhibit, we went back to the Avery's for drinks and Marilyn shared some of her beautiful watercolor creations.  It was interesting to see the development of her talent.  Then it was on to one  of their favorite restaurants, Cafe Niche, and a delightful dinner outside.  It was such a lovely evening we didn't want to leave, so they treated us to a tour around the downtown area and the Temple.  The gardens are so beautiful, so perfect.  We were lucky enough to be able to sit in on a rehearsal of the famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir!.  By this time it was late, and we only caught the end of the session, but the swell of voices singing "You'll Never Walk Alone" were so powerful, so moving....they could make a believer out of you.

Its really late, so I'll close this post for tonight.  I know I didn't describe the interesting art exhibit (you can google it if you're interested) or do justice to our evening walk, but I'm absolutely beat.  Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, keeping these hours??? 1:00 in the morning you're beat this morning. Relax, drink some tea, do some stretches, and pet that cute little poodle in the RV. And loves to Sasha too! Enjoy your day. Hey, smart thinking about that mobile guy for the a/c. Glad it got fixed!