beluga

beluga

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday - a quiet day

Whoa!  We had too much fun last night.  Our normally quiet, routine life was interrupted by a great dinner, the aforementioned wild coyote margaritas and a really great parade.  A super way to kick off the Christmas season.  Marching bands, illuminated floats, huge balloons (think Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons), kids in reindeer antlers, horses with flashing lights on their legs, men draped with  tinsel and Santa hats and sweet little doggies working the crowd.

Unfortunately, my camera skills went out the window and I have few recognizable shots from the whole evening.  You'll just have to take my word for it!




can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man

Enough of those bad shots.    Before dinner we strolled down Palm Canyon Drive and did a bit of window shopping.    I walked into a small shop called  "Just Fabulous" and sitting there just waiting for me was the perfect little tree for inside Beluga.   Think,  Charlie Brown Christmas tree meets the Palm Springs "boys".


I thought I lost my Christmas spirit after Foof died, but I guess its still there, just a little bit warped, slightly off center.



Dave says his favorite times of our days on the road are the morning coffee hour and our evening cocktail hour.  He says it reminds him of our weekends at the lake, sitting on the dock talking about inconsequential things and enjoying our surroundings and each other's company.   Reminds him that nothing is really that urgent, life is to be savored, and reminds him what "smelling the roses" really means.


more wonderful skies
Another really really windy day here in the desert.  We ventured out to rent a few movies for the next few nights and to check out a nearby spa.  It looked interesting so I made an appointment for a sea salt scrub pedicure next Tuesday.  These dry dusty days have taken their toll on my little toes.   After lunch we did 6 loads of laundry (yuk) and enjoyed a good dinner compliments of mr. crockpot.

Paul and Nina are leaving in the morning, if the wind calms down, so we said our good byes and hoped we'd cross paths again this winter.  I'm sure we will.  Lewis and Polly had a rousing good romp and he shared some of his favorite toys (squeaky balls and croaky frog).  So nice.

as JoAnn says, "sky blue pink"


1 comment:

  1. I knew that there was something special about those "margaritas!"

    Parade sounds lovely ....all lit up like that.

    and the little christmas tree? did you bring it home? Very cute.

    and who was foof????

    ReplyDelete